Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pick 16, final 4, and the 4 refined





I started off with the 16 picks at the top of the screen for the group critique. My group felt that I had a lot of negative space in most of my designs but that I used about the same amount of big dots and smaller dots. They also pointed out that most of my designs seemed very well planned out and not just randomized. Which is true for most of them. Along with that they noticed that I had a habit of making the dots lack symmetry and that none were ever centered in the square. I would always have them a little off; and this I intended. I didn't want it to be so structured; I thought that some of them being off a little would make it more interesting and less boring. When my group started organizing them into categories, I was surprised at the places that they put some of my designs in. Funny enough though, once they put them into the categories I couldn't really see them in any other category once they put them there. So for the final four that was selected I decided to make some dots a little bigger, so as to not put in too much negative space in my collection, and also to subtract dots and actually center them more. And seeing them all together, they really do look good and they give off the closure, continuance, proximity, and similarity that I wanted.





No comments:

Post a Comment