Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dot Dot Dot part 2:


Part 2, we use squares instead of dots. We had to arrange them into two categories of periodic, or orderly, and playful. I made plenty of thumbnails to choose from so I could make my final 8 selections. In the final 8 I tried to mix up the interrelationships of the squares in the best way that I could and using the ones that I liked most. I noticed that I used at least 4 squares in each 6x6 and normally made them really big or really small. So, for the final 2 I wanted to incorporate both large and tiny squares. The final 2 are the large overlapping squares for periodic and the interpenetration squares for playful. The interpenetration squares seemed most playful to me because of the disorderly conduct they are arranged in and the negative space. For the periodic one, it had a smooth pattern of squares on top of each other and I liked the fact that they were large and took up the whole page to give a more interesting effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment